Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dinner in a Hut

Tonight, Jagos and Jan took me out to eat at Jagos' favorite Kolasin (Ko-la-shin) restaurant. You can see the little restaurant in the background. The name on the sign is in Cyrillic, but it says "Savardak" (Sa-var-dak) make sure you roll the r.

It was literally a hut made by this man and it even had a hay roof! It was the cutest little place and I really enjoyed myself!

All along the inside of the hut there were shelves with really old Serbian things. The round things were snowshoes!

You can see the layers of logs, branches, and the hay! Oh and they don't repair; they just keep adding on more hay each year to the spots that are bare or thinning.

Jan and Jagos...LOVE THEM!!


The coolest Aunt in the world! ;)

The food was good; they served cheesy mashed potatoes made with fresh cheese called Kacamak (Ka-cha-mak) with a grilled beef called Goveda Prsuta (Go-ve-da) (Pr-shu-ta) Remember to roll your r's. YUMMY!

Super cheesy!



1 comment:

  1. YUM! I can taste it already. That looks like a really great place to eat some awesome food.

    ReplyDelete