Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Partizan Basketball Game

I went to my second Partizan basketball game tonight. The last time I was at a game, was about 8 years ago, so it has been a while. It was quite an experience (and exercise) with a broken leg, but it was fun! I love the crowds here. They are crazy; they stand almost the entire game except during the time outs, ends of quarters, and halftime and they are singing or yelling the entire game.


They lost the game tonight against a Turkish team, but it was fun to experience it again. I just hope I will be able to see another one when my leg is healed!

THE FANS:
They fans are very dedicated. A lot of them carry flags and we are talking HUGE flags to wave during certain songs. They sing songs to the Partizan team (almost like saying they appreciate them) and they swear at and boo the other teams. It is great fun! Oh also, a lot of people bring their Parizan scarfs, so when they are singing the "Partizan" anthem they all hold it up. Here is a youtube video to show you the fans singing their "Partizan Anthem."

1 comment:

  1. I've gotten to experience those games too. It is really quite an experience. One any tourist shouldn't miss.

    ReplyDelete