Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Alek and Marija's Basketball Games

It is really a wonderful thing watching Alek and Marija play basketball after growing up watching my Aunt Janice play basketball! I love watching them play. Marija plays on a team called KK Flash, which is a lightning bolt, and Alek's team is called KK ZMAJ (Zu-my), which are the Basketball club of the Dragons!  Alek's coach's name is Jiggy (like the song getting "Jiggy with it!" haha) And Marija's coach's name is Tale (Ta-lay). He is really nice and asked if I wanted to play basketball over here to help the Serbian Teams, but then I broke me leg!

A little Tidbit for you: over here they call their basketball practice "Training" instead of practice.

So far I have been to two of Marija's games and one of Alek's games. Marija did well in her first and second game, but her team lost both games I have watched. I guess I am not very good luck for her! I have seen Alek play once and he had a rough game, but he didn't feel good. I am hoping once my leg is better I can watch more! Alek is also playing on the International School of Belgrade Team and is doing well. I will hopefully watch his ISB game soon! Here are some pictures of them playing!

Marija and her Coach and Team!

Waiting her turn on the court!
Getting a little bored sitting on the bench! haha

Ready to get the rebound!
He is not normally number 11 but he had to borrow someones!
Alek going to the rebound!
 GO KK FLASH!
GO KK ZMAJ!!






Warming up!



No comments:

Post a Comment