Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Flying to Italy!!

Have you ever had one of those places you have always wanted to visit...it was like a dream...well my DREAM came true today! I have always wanted to visit Italy, especially ROME because I am a huge art and architecture fan; and today I am actually flying into ROME, ITALY!! I can't explain the excitement I am feeling right now.

 Here are a few maps and information of 
Rome to show you were I went: Maps/Info. of Rome


Jan and I flew with Wizz Air, which is like a European Jet Blue. The flights are cheap and you get to where you are going. The only down fall is that you can only have one small bag and one carry-on and they don't fly everywhere.

A little tidbit I learned in the Airport: English is the Universal Language. We were waiting to board and the lady got on the microphone and started talking in Serbian. A lot of people around us were saying, "English please." I was a bit surprised with this, but it makes sense. The people around us were Italian, Serbian, Russian, Japanese, and some were from Holland (Jan helped me figure this out), and they all know their own language and English, so they use English to communicate with everyone else. It was cool to see a couple there; she was Italian and he was Serbian and they communicated with each other in English, but with other people in their own language. It was really cool to see! Coming from Maine, I don't get to see things like this a lot, so I fould it interesting.

Okay back to my flight!! Here are some pictures I took from the Airplane...my first look at Italy:




Once we landed, we had to find a taxi to take us to our hotel. In the "taxi van," Jan and I met a nice couple from Northern England (you could tell, because they had a Scottish/British accent). They were teachers as well. They travel around Europe for a lot vacations they have from school. Once we got to the hotel, we dropped off our bags, changed and were out to explore ROMA (here they say Ro-ma).

Here is a map of Rome, you can see how close all of the attractions are. It makes it easy to see just about everything in just 4 to 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment