Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Roma Day 1

The picture I took from our window:

After Jan and I, changed and got all ready, we grabbed a map, a little money, and were off to see if we could find where the Hop-on Hop-off bus tour started.
I AM SOOOO EXCITED TO BE IN ROME!!

We wanted to see all of ROME today, to find specific places we wanted to visit later on! Here is a picture of where we were and were we had to go most of the days.

A little tidbit: If you are planning on going anywhere for travel go to VIATOR online and book a Hop-on Hop-off Bus tour; they are amazing and you get to sit up top and it is not very expensive! You get the see the whole town/area and you get to hop-on and off as many times as you want, within the time frame you wanted. Also Jan and I rode the public buses while we were there and they are only 1 Euro and was fine; now I am speaking for Rome, I don't know about other places.

OKAY back to the trip:
We stopped on the way for some pizza at this tiny little shop, and it was amazing! I had a fresh mozzarella pizza with tomatoes and spinach. It had a garlic sauce instead of spaghetti sauce, which I LOVE!



This was just seconds before Jan and I entered St. Peter's Basilica.





As you can see, our hotel was really close, we just walked about 5 minutes and we were standing in the middle of St. Peter's Basilica. If you want to know more information visit: St. Peter's Basilica - Rome, Italy.
I took pictures of the statues on the tops of the walls because they were amazing!

There is a statue above almost every surrounding column.

I love this clock...it is VERY loud though!



Jan and I had a GRRRRREAT TIME!!

The guards on duty. I love their outfits!
After we walked through St. Peter's Basilica, we then found where the hop-on, hop-off buses were located.
This is where our hop-on hop-off bus started!!

As most of you probably know: I love taking pictures, so I will just let you take a look!



I loved the architecture of the buildings all through Rome! These are a few of my favorite things:







After we got back, we went into a shop, got a little bite to eat and then went back on the bus to see ROME at night!!

Here is my favorite ROMAN STATUE AT NIGHT:

This was an end to a perfect first day in ROME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment