Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Vatican

Roma Day 2:
I still can't believe I am in ROME! It is amazing! So Jan and I set out this morning to see the Vatican. We were staying to the right of St. Peter's...so we had to walk all the way around the really tall outer walls of the Vatican. By the way it would normally take us about 10 minutes, but we were worried we wouldn't get in (if you are late there are no refunds), that we BOOKED it and got there in like 5 minutes. We were sweating when we got there! BUT it was sooo worth it!
Guess who the men are in this statue?? One has a sculpturing pick and the other as a paint brush!

Did you know that the Vatican is a city? It is one of the smallest cities in Europe! I found that out on my tour of the Vatican.


This was stolen from Egypt by the Romans...can you see the hieroglyphics?

Amazing Modern Art that is displayed in the middle of one of the courtyards!
This was inside the Vatican itself:
A big toe from a statue!

Guess what is on the top of her dress...and it is not boobs!

Some statues had eyes and they were CREEPY...I like them without eyes!

It was decorated from Floor...

...to Ceiling!!




Look at the detail that is put into these statues and paintings...AMAZING!!
I had to take pictures of all the wonderful things!!

Today was the day of wardrobe malfunctions. I had a stain on my pants this morning, so I had to change before going to the Vatican, when we got back from the Vatican, I went to the bathroom and when I went to button my pants the button popped off. Then I went to change my pants to another pair, and when I was pulling up my undies...and the whole top part ripped. Finally I was able to get into clothes that weren't stained, ripped, or missing buttons.

Aside from the wardrobe malfunctions.....
it was another FABULOUS day in Rome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment