Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Here!

I fell asleep in the Frankfurt Airport for about an hour. I woke up in a panic because I thought I was going to miss my flight. I walked around a little because my butt was numb from sitting for such a long time. I got on the plane at about 11:00ish and we flew into Belgrade. I was able to sleep for about two hours on the plane, which gives me about 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 days!! Yeah Me!

When the plane landed, I felt panicked!! I had to find my way to out of the airport and there weren't many people in there. Also it is not like the states, where the people who are coming to get you can help you. I had to get my luggage and I had to wrestle all the suitcases onto a cart, then go through a passport check and then find my way the rest of the way out. The passport lady was asking me my name and such. I was thinking great I am not going to make and I am so close. Finally they let me out!!

I was greeted by Jan and Alek. Jan was so excited, she nearly cried, so did I because I was so excited about not flying anymore for quite a while. If you haven't noticed by now...I AM NOT A FAN OF FLYING!! All of my luggage made it and now I am in my NEW HOME for the next 6 months.

We picked up Marija and Mihailo from school early and went home. They were really excited to see me! Jan and the kids set up my room really nicely and the kids made me a poster that said "Welcom Sera!" It is really cute. I love it!! I started unpacking and STRUGGLED to stay up until night time. I couldn't sleep until night so I can get on track.

Now, my journey has begun!!
 (My poster the kids made me and pictures I brought to see my family and friends everyday!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment