Sara's Travel Blog is a way for me to share all the things I have done and learned about while I was over here in Serbia/Europe, so sit back, pour yourself a glass, and ENJOY!
*A little side note: if you are just starting to read this, start from the bottom blogs (the older blogs) and work your way to the top, so you can get the true sense of my trip!

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Trip Begins!!

It's official! I said my "Goodbyes" to everyone and the last ones, were mom and dad. Now I am on my way to Serbia. Saying goodbye to Mom and Dad was hard; on the bus I had an overwhelming feeling of "What in the hell am I doing?!" I wasn't sure what I was doing or if 6 months is too long to be away from my family. I know I will be with Jan and Jagos, but the thought of 6 months or183 days is very scary! The bus ride was decent, but I was crying off and on through the whole ride.

Once into Boston, I had to wrestle three BIG suitcases, my carry-on, and my purse into the airport. A "bellman" came to my rescue about halfway to the door and said he would help me. He said come see my friend, meanwhile, I am thinking great I found some creep who is going to steal my luggage or something! He then took me to see his friend at the counter. He said "I told her I would take care of her!" The guy asked me for my passport and flight information and that was it. I didn't have to pay for the extra luggage!! The "bellman" took me over and said, "You pay me $150.00 cash, and I will save you $100.00; because it would have cost you $250.00!" I said, "Okayyyy." I wasn't sure about the whole thing; I was thinking to myself, "SHIT...I told him too much, his little friend over there is going to steal my shit and I am going to show up in Serbia with a nice purse and polka-dotted carry-on. Despite the paranoya I did it anyway.

My flight from Boston to Frankfurt, Germany was a little more then 7 hours and ...I didn't sleep a WINK! I was excited and nervous. I watched many movies and had a glass of wine to relax myself, but it didn't work. I finally got into Frankfurt at about 3:00a.m. (American Time). A funny thing happened on the airplane... the guy who was sitting next to me asked if I was okay when we were landing. He noticed I was trying to fly the airplane (Just like DAD).

No comments:

Post a Comment